Madmaheshwar Temple is also known as Madhyamaheshwar Temple or Madhmaheshwar Temple. Not only this Madmaheshwar Temple is also a part of Panch Prayag Temples situated in Rudraprayag District, Uttarakhand and is the Second Panch prayag temple. Madmaheshwar Temple is located at an altitude of 3490 m above sea level. It is also known as Tritiya Kedar in Panch Kedar. Panch Kedar is considered to be more than 1,000 years old.
It is believed that Lord Shiva navel has reappeared here. The trek to Madmaheshwar Temple starts from Ukhimath. Not only this trek to Madmaheshwar Temple provides mesmerizing view of Nanda Devi peak, Chowkhamba and Neelkanth. Madmaheshwar Trek is considered as the one of the most visited and spiritual Temple in India.
Guptkashi Town History
- Folklore likewise expresses that Shiva proposed to Parvati at Guptakashi before they got hitched in the little Triyuginarayan town at the intersection of River Mandakini and Son Ganga.
- It is accepted that after the clash of Mahabharata, the Pandavas needed to meet Lord Shiva and look for his gifts. However, Lord Shiva tried not to meet them at Kashi and went in secret as the bull Nandi to Guptakashi in Uttarakhand, the explanation being that despite the fact that they had battled for the right purpose, they were likewise answerable for annihilating their own tradition and brahmacharya. However, Pandavas sought after him to Guptakashi and remembered him in the hidden type of Nandi.
- As indicated by Puranic writing, Kashi and Kanchipuram are considered as two eyes of Shiva. Keeping this undertone in see, six additional Kashis have been endorsed to be pretty much as hallowed and profound as the fundamental Kashi – Varanasi. Explorers, who can’t embrace the long excursion to the principle Kashi, can venture out to the nearest Kashi. The six other “Kashi”s cover every one of the areas of the country. These are: Uttarkashi and Guptakashi in Uttarakhand in Northern Himalayas.
- Another legend proclaims that when the Mughal sovereign Aurangzeb destroyed the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in 1669 and developed Gaynvapi Mosque, the Shiva Linga was moved to Guptakashi for supervision. Yet, the first linga of Kashi Vishwanath is expressed to have stayed here from the time it was moved.
Guptkashi Temple Overview
Temperature- 5- 15 Degree (during winters) 20-25 (during summers)
Best Time to Visit- May to November
Location- Rudraprayag, Garhwal
Altitude- 1320 m
Recommended No. of Stay- 3 Days
Nearest Railway Station- Rishikesh (approx. 180 kms)
Nearest Airport- Jolly Grant Airport (approx. 197 kms)
- Tourist Attraction spot in Uttarakhand
- Snow during December to March
- Dedicated to Lord Shiva
How to Reach Guptkashi Temple-
- Via AIR
Sprightly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the closest Airport to Guptkashi, which is arranged a good way off of 190 km. It is very much associated with motorable streets from Dehradun by transport and taxi administrations.
- BY RAIL
The closest station is Rishikesh which is 168 km from Guptkashi. One can discover taxis (both private and sharing) and furthermore transports which take individuals on a customary stretch from the rail route station to Guptkashi.
- BY ROAD
All around associated with neighboring vacation destinations like Dehradun, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Pauri, Tehri, Uttarkashi, Srinagar, and Chamoli, NH 109 is the association with this district. Gutpkashi is all around associated with the motorable street and sightseers never discover an issue in picking street as their method for transport. Aside from your own movement, one can pick highway transports of Uttarakhand which can take you to Guptkashi from different urban communities.
Accommodation in Guptkashi-
There are numerous numbers of hotels and resorts to stay and no problem will be faced by the pilgrims related to their accommodation. Few Hotels in Guptkashi are-
- Himalayan Mountain Homestay
- Tridev Hotel and Restaurant
- GMWN Guptkashi
- Mrityunjaya Palace
- Devdarshan Hotel $ Restaurant
- Rustic Star
- Kedar Kashi Cottage
Madmaheshwar Guide for Food
Basically, Madmaheshwar has basic eateries such as- Maggie, Tea, Dal, Rice or other seasonal vegetable. But Non- Veg Food, Alcohol and Smoking is strictly prohibited at Madmaheshwar.
Why to Visit Guptkashi Temple
Guptkashi temple is famous for its Famous Lord Shiva Temple, as well as Mesmerizing Meadows. Not only this it provides eye catching beauty of nature making Guptkashi Town more interesting.
Things to do
Things to Carry
- Warm Clothes, jackets, pullovers
- Track Pants
- Warm windproof jacket
- Thermal under pants and thermal vest
- Rain coat
- Pair of ankle high walking boots
- Warm gloves
- Walking stick
- Rain gear
To Book your Char Dham Yatra – Click Here